Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Does this thing blog anymore??

Wow, long time, no blog. Turns out that not posting anything since April does not actually inactivate the blog. Which, I suppose, is a good thing as I want to bring back my blog!
"Why no post since April?" you ask.

Oh, where to begin.

I guess it was because when I went on a leave i wanted to seclude myself from the world that was causing me so much stress. I wanted to cocoon myself in my home and have some silence and solitude to contemplate my life and my next steps...even if it was when to brush my teeth and when to eat.

In my solitude, i found enough security to lose the need to try and make everyone understand what i was feeling. Trying to explain and put words to the intensity of my feelings proved to be an impossible undertaking, so I said, "Fuck it."

So, why bring back the blog?

I miss writing.

That said, I am going to "copy and paste" some lyrics from a song that sings true to me right now. (I know, very creative of me)

Beth Orton. I Wish I Never Saw The Sunshine.


Baby do you know what you did today?
Baby do you know what you took away?
You took the blue out of the sky
My whole life changed when you said goodbye
And I keep cryin'...cryin'
Oooh baby, oooh baby I wish I never saw the sunshine
I wish I never saw the sunshine
And if I never saw the sunshine baby
Then maybe...I wouldn't mind the rain
Every day is just like the day before
All alone, a million miles from shore
All of my dreams, I dream with you
Now they will die and never come true
And I keep cryin'...cryin'
Oooh baby, oooh baby I wish I never saw the sunshine
I wish I never saw the sunshine
And if I never saw the sunshine baby
Then maybe...I wouldn't mind the rain
This pain...
And I know there would not be
This cloud that's over me...everywhere I go
Oooh baby, oooh baby I wish I never saw the sunshine
I wish I never saw the sunshine
And if I never saw the sunshine baby
Then maybe...I wouldn't mind the rain
This pain...I wouldn't mind the rain
There wouldn't be this pain
I wouldn't mind the rain
wouldn't mind the rain

6 Comments:

At 3:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

When you don't blog for a while, people don't check to see what you are doing. I am glad you are back writing.
John

 
At 9:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the lyrics! Interesting that Cam's mom referred to him as her "sunshine" which makes this even more intense.

Keep writing girl!
Annette

 
At 9:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad to see that you are writing again, you may find that there is a lot that you have to say.

 
At 7:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Sandykins,
I'm watching you.
Not like a stalker or anything like that.
XO you know who.

 
At 7:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi,
I always enjoy coming across lyrics, poems, stuff.
I can really feel irony in the poem you wrote. Coming from someone who has spent many years holding pain, I do believe the pain has lead me to experiencing an inner life that has been very rich (very hard many times too). Pain someways made me very independent and in the lonelyness of pain, I feel immuned to lonelyness.??
well I look forward to seeing you again. I'm ready for yoga too...
Angela

 
At 4:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Home Theater, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://home-theater-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home