Friday, November 14, 2008

More from the morning pages...

Several months since my last blog entry is indeed a very very long time. Especially considering the claims I made last blog entry about writing more, taking excerpts out of my journal etc. All just lip service I suppose.
I am starting to wonder about the purpose of this blog. My profile is out of date. I would no longer describe myself as a "cyclist in the far north," or that "passions" alone are enough to capture my heart in friendship or love.
I don't really know where to begin with blog updates, or even a profile description for that matter. I have a hard time summing up who i am in two years of meditation, never mind a short and sweet online post.
Do i even enjoy blogging any more? What i really want to write about is my grief journey - it is the only area i really feel passionate about. But, part of me keeps saying "keep it for the book" - the book that gets worked on even more rarely than this blog. OH well, the intention is there...it will transpire in time.

Tonight i am at home, having some much needed "Sandy Time," which involves drinking wine and reading old journals. I thought i would write some of my favorite stories and quotes...mostly just to write something, and because i secretly love everything i write.

March 20th.
Its Thursday today. Spring equinox at 5:48am. That is the time the sun crosses over the equator into the northern hemisphere. It is the time we get our sun back, to warm and light our bodies that have been without it for so long. Tomorrow night is the full moon. What a time for new beginnings, or perhaps it is a time in which light is shed on the parts of us that have been dark for too long. Parts of ourselves that are peeking out around a corner saying, "is it safe for me to come out now?" The full moon, so they say, is fully reflecting the light of the sun, in the same way our soul is alight to the truth of the universe. The moon dazzles me. Its perfect whole shape. Its glowing light. Its waxing and waning. Its power. I always see the moon first, then sense the stillness, as I stand in my backyard with my head tilted to the sky. It's almost as though the moon, and it's radiant glow, reminds me of the vastness of our universe and the power of nature that we are a part of. You cannot gaze at the sun, which is unfortunate, but you can gaze at the moon. Metaphorically, the moon sheds light on darkness, lights a path where otherwise you may not see. I guess it does this literally as well.

March 22nd.
Change of season. Change of setting. I awoke at the lake today. At 5:11 the first time, then again, at the more reasonable time of 8:30. When i awoke, the dogs were restless to say the least. So, Kuma and I went for a stroll in the back paths. I strolled. She raced. She was one excited puppy - this is for sure. She was instantly 6 months old again, and very happy to be on a walk - ecstatic to be off leash. As she raced though the bushes, I assessed the damage - the frightened, but thankfully still camouflaged, white rabbit hiding on the white snow, and who knows what other creatures disturbed form their morning routines. She ran with abandon, until her tongue was hanging to her knees. Now she is sleeping beside me. Sprawled out on a fluffy dog bed, sun bathing and snoozing. This dozy fur ball, I call "the assassin." It's tough to believe at moments like this. Until a squirrel chirps and she is instantly up, listening and on guard. I trust her assessment of the situation. Any situation for that matter. I see her ears twitch in a certain direction before i even hear the threat - which is most likely one of three cars that drive by, or people walking to the end of the road. If she twitches her ears to the left, then gets up and stretches and stares down the road, I know Matt is driving towards the cabin. And, if she stands stiffly with her ears pricked and legs slightly flexxed and tense, i know it is a dog coming down the road, or one of the people who own a dog who she regularly stalks from the end of her leash. Oh, the assassin.
I thought she was going to assassinate me last night. I went outside to check on her, and found she had got herself tangled around two trees, a flower pot and the back end of a ski doo. I unclipped her leash and pulled it around and through the obstacles. She must have been in this predicament a while because she was sure excited to be freed. First she pounced at me, aiming to attack my feet. Next she used one paw and her head to try and trip me - a fancy move for a canine. She took full advantage of my mid calf sorrel boots, which she could easily grab with her mouth. I was trying to get away (yes, i was a little scared- she is way tougher than me), which was actually to her advantage because then she could come at me from behind. Combine her doggy ninja moves with the Chubakka-Meets-Cujo growl, and i was pretty sure she was going to have her way with me. I was relieved once she started to corn nibble the snow, as i realized she was just happy to be free.

And, the winner of the Best-Opening-Line-Of-My-Morning-Pages goes to:
March 26th.
So, do morning pages count if they are done in the morning, but from work? I slept in this morning, so in true efficiency style I have combined the two and here i am "working," only on my morning pages not on "work" in the traditional sense. I have my Starbucks and my favorite pen! Priorities...

4 Comments:

At 10:55 PM, Blogger cocomieux said...

Oh Kuma ... what a sweet assassin she is!

 
At 6:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The eagle is a sacred bird in some cultures and worshipped by others From Xingdu[url=http://www.HowieLongJersey.com]Howie Long raiders Jersey[/url]
he travelled throughout China in search of sacred books of BuddhismdittoTweet spanBuying a cheap NFL jerseys as an anniversary or birthday gift generates clicks on E-Bay[url=http://www.TomBradyJerseynike.com]www.TomBradyJerseynike.com[/url]
individual teamÂ’s websites[url=http://www.JoeMontanaJersey.com]Joe Montana Authentic Jersey[/url]
and numerous other on-line retailers"My next effort is in progress to get everyone I know to flood their Senators and Congressmen with letters[url=http://www.CamNewtonJerseynike.com]www.CamNewtonJerseynike.com[/url]
faxes or phone calls and DEMAND they answer for their part in this complicity of silence to the American People After leaving WWE in 2004[url=http://www.BrandonMarshallJersey.net]www.BrandonMarshallJersey.net[/url]
Lesnar pursued a career in the NFL
Once the drilling is completed[url=http://www.BarrySandersJersey.com]Barry Sanders Authentic Jersey[/url]
the valve is closed and the drilling equipment is removed Philadelphia - James Darling[url=http://www.TorreySmithJersey.net]Torrey Smith Jersey[/url]
OLB Washington State 58 As an active member of the PMI and an expert in the industry[url=http://www.JasonPierrePaulJersey.net]Jason Pierre Paul Jersey[/url]
she has written several textbooks and howto guides on the subjectWe are best service provider of good and capable HDPE pipelines and will offer you the services like

 
At 9:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

|
|
|

 
At 11:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

[url=http://www.somaiya.edu/kjsieit/louisvuitton.htm]louis vuitton[/url] For people who 're outgoing and also have good it is certainly plausible skills your family may go out and purchase that successful so that you have an MLM business is always easy gorgeous honeymoons as well all your family members That being that they are said,all your family does need to explore also remember that about whether or not your family are an introverted any kind of person which of you doesn't have it is certainly plausible facts all your family members not only can they probably rrn no way be the case successful considering adventure A lot regarding going to be the a winner all around the your business originates both to and from producing a multi functional down line inundated allowing an individual it is certainly plausible who are additionally able to understand more about re - sell and recruit. In fact,a device all your family members are going to want for more information on understand could be the that your overall a winner if you have been determined by the achievements to do with your down line.or


[url=http://www.shopjordanhighheels.com/]jordan heels[/url] Now Kangaroos running footwear are more and they have discovered too their function everywhere over the design and style and way regarding life footwear fairly than significant performance sports activities. Nowadays they are is being sold on a lot more than the problem is cultures about going to be the planet. You are going for more information about probably go and buy Kangaroos footwear all around the all of them are kinds of variations, forms, and shades. Most for that matter at the present time have pockets and lots of other all of us have a larger facet case heading up going to be the ankle that can draw attention away from a multi function tiny wallet.


[url=http://www.edilkamin.it/nuovo.htm]louis vuitton borse[/url] East Texas Refrigeration 4700 Old Troup Hwy Tyler, TX 75707 (903) 871-1511


[url=http://www.shopjordanhighheels.com/]nike high heels[/url] The hair pieces appear along with synthetic hair and human hair. They vary plus cost tag and attributes but take heart do nothing more than going to be the same,some of these hair pieces allow you to have better than ever hairstyles that increase your persona immediately.


[url=http://www.lululemonsoutlet.net/]lululemon outlet[/url] Finally,all most of these greater than mentioned are couple of points which are to taste success remembered though make this purchase. And so that you have going to be the ease about understanding we have provided them one or more thing is the fact along with a certain that all your family members can easily keep them throughout the your mind regardless that going on the town enchanting making a multi functional final decision.as well as

 

Post a Comment

<< Home