Saturday, April 29, 2006

The North Shore

Well, actually it was the south shore of the North Saskatchewan River where one can find the North Shore of E-town. Cam and I went exploring today on our mountain bikes. He showed me a trail on the south bank from 50th street east to Sunridge Ski Hill. It was obviously free riders territory - complete with (un-roll-able) drops and man made bridges, one measureing about- maybe- 50 meters!! Luckily we were "swimming up stream" so got to only peruse and not have to ride anything...yet. That is next on our agenda! We have our route planned, will take our full suspension bikes, maybe some armour and then give'er.

I finally gave into the latest trend. Lululemon. I resited for so long for a number of reasons:
1. Sweats are not meant to be worn to bars, restaurantss, on dates etc. but everyone seems to wear Lululemon everywhere.
2. If you need to wear a thong, your pants are not sweats or lounge wear.
3. Its a total fashion trend. Need I say more? Everyone wears Lululemon, yogi or not. Initially sold as yoga wear, I am sure that some hunnies I have seen in lulu pants do not do yoga. On that note - do people wear spandex shorts and jerseys everywhere even when they are not cycling? NO.

So despite the above I decided to see what all the fuss was about. $370.00 later, I am decked out! Never have jogging pant and hoodies looked so sassy. I couldn't resist. Man, that 4 way stretch could sell XTR to a bike racer!! And, to top it all off, I wore the tight, yoga inspired sports top to Costco this afternoon.

My purchases actually convinced me to throw away my warm-up pants from high school basketball, which Cam affectionatly calls "number 2," because of the large embroidered number on the right front pocket. Needless to say, Cam is pleased. I even asked him to do the honours and put them in the garbage.

Now we celebrate the loss of 13 yr old sports wear and lulu celebrates another yogi wannabe sucumbing to joys of 4 way stretch lounge wear. Perfect for the chaise....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home