Sunday, November 05, 2006

Welcome to my home...



As of November 1 I obtained possession of my house. The actual 'possession' was anti-climatic as I have been living here since April, but it was a big day nevertheless...Emotionally speaking. Over the past 4 months I have been really trying to create "Sandy's Space." As I have been re-decorating, I have surrounded myself with items that bring me peace and comfort. In every nook and cranny I have something that I can look at and smile, or sigh, or breathe.

I have shards of sea glass in the bathroom that remind me of the time I spent on Savary Island this summer. MacKay and Richie searched, and searched and searched for the glass, which proved to be quite therapeutic at a time when the innocence of childhood was a saving grace.

I have my jar of dimes. They say when someone you love has died, they leave dimes for you to find to let you know they are OK. I have found lots, and I have kept every one.

I have a bundle of river stones wrapped in a blue satin cloth. They are from a service that my co-workers had for me once I returned to work. At the beginning of the service, everyone was given a stone to hold, and they were asked to invest in it a hope or a wish for me. At the end, one by one, everyone presented their stone (and wish) to me. All the stones were then wrapped in a blue satin cloth and given to me to keep. I hold the bundle and the weight of it reminds me of the all the love and support I have.

I have special paintings everywhere. In the bedroom I have a series of goddesses that my mom painted. They remind me of the strength of women, and I like to think they watch over me while I sleep. In the living room I have a painting of cherry blossoms, which my mom and I did one day at the lake. The cherry blossoms symbolize the fragility of human existence.

I have a rock. One day in August, I took the day off work and drove to Jasper to sit on a rock and stare at the mountains. That day I found a large rock that looks remarkably like a snow capped mountain. It is now sitting on my bookshelf and it reminds me of a couple of things. First, how much Cam and I loved the mountains and how much peace going there brought us, and continues to bring me. Second, my tenacity and courage to make the drive to 'our beloved Jasper' to sit on a rock,and stare at the mountains, alone.

I have a picture of Cam at the top of Whistler during Whistler Cup in April. He looks so happy, proud and content in that picture. Right beside that, a picture of Angel Glacier.

Above my doorway, a sign that reads "I believe in Angels."

7 Comments:

At 9:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Sandy, that is lovely. Your best entry EVER! I have this theory that you are an "old soul" and your previous life you were a revered person in your community. A high Priestess or female Warrior like Queen Artemisia. I admire your sweet, albeit stoic demeanor.
Keep writing girlfriend....XO B

 
At 1:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sandy your home truly is your space with all your memories. My favorite saying from your house is the plaque that says "don't piss off the faries" Somehow there are faries in your home. I feel, I think I even saw one once. They they are serine, calm and holy. I love your writing it helps me understand you better. Love A

 
At 2:10 PM, Blogger Matt, Monique and Liam said...

Sandy,

I am glad to hear about all the meaningful things you have put into your house. I know there is a great energy in that house. I can't wait to see you and your house!

Love, Mo

 
At 2:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sandy

Believe in Angels!!! Take is from me they will show up when you least expect them. Sometime the weird things are comforting to know that Cam is there watching. Trust me they will happen!!! It has been a part of my life for a few years and I take comfort in Angels all the time.

Kim

 
At 4:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Sandy, You are on a journey, that fortunately, not to many people at your age and place in life, are taking. You are learning a lot and things are slowly improving but they are getting better. I see your postings as important steps in healing. Take care.
J

 
At 4:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey B, She is an old soul. The story goes that she lived years ago on the streets of London and cared for, at that time, her younger brother, who apparently in this life is her father. She was homeless, penniless, a forlorn waif who had to make her own way and fended for herself and others. She made hers and the lives of people around her better. If you look closely, today, you can see those same traits.
D

 
At 2:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sandy your strength and tenacity never cease to amaze me. Everytime I read your writing I am blown away by you self healing powers and your independence. Love Nicole

 

Post a Comment

<< Home