Monday, October 23, 2006

Sandy's Birthday Wish List




Well, tomorrow is my birthday. Twenty-eight years young. To be honest, I don't feel much like celebrating. Cam's 28th birthday was exactly 2 weeks before mine and I feel a little guilty celebrating something that Cam will never get the chance to celebrate. But, I also know Cam would call me crazy for not celebrating my birthday. His philosophy was that birthdays should be celebrated. And, presents given should be something that you don't NEED, but you WANT...and something you don't usually buy for yourself. So, in honour of my birthday I have decided to come up with my own lil' wish list:

1. Spa day, complete with mud bath, hot stone massage, pedicure and eye brow shaping- Check. Spa day booked for tomorrow...all day long....

2. Day off work- Check. Vacation day. No guilt even.

3. 5 day yoga and meditation retreat. Someplace warmer than Edmonton, cheap-ish, relaxing, and spiritual- Check. Confirmed today. Flight to California- Check. Booked today. Flight paid for by travel rewards. Even better.
Sandy's Vacation

4. "A wall to hang a picture on." For my birthday, I am in the process of buying Cam's house for myself. For the first time since Cam died, I actually, genuinely feel a twinge of excitement. The picture on the left shows my street, complete with character homes, trees, and lots of leaves. Lots of them. The other picture is of me cleaning all the leaves out of the eaves. What I don't have a picture of is the 15 jumbo garbage bags that it took to clean up all the leaves. The truly miraculous part is that I actually enjoyed the yard work. Especially being on the roof. I didn't even consider jumping...kidding.

5. A tattoo.

6. I want people to check out the new links on the right hand side of the page. Please and thank you.

8 Comments:

At 9:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi S, I am glad you are writing. Cam's approach to birthdays is a good one. We can all learn something from this. The photo of you on the roof is priceless. Also love your links. J

 
At 8:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good for you sandy!!! Happy Birthday too!!! You deserve a great vacation and I want to come to. I'll get a tattoo with you!!! Have a great day! See you Saturday?? KM

 
At 10:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Sandy.
Love the new "look".
Your retreat looks most excellent, good for you!
XO B

 
At 11:02 AM, Blogger Matt, Monique and Liam said...

Sandra,

Happy Birthday! Enjoy your day at the spa...I will definitely be living varcariously through you while you get all those awsome treatments! :) Miss you and see you in November.

Monique

 
At 10:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy birthday Sandy -
-emils

 
At 9:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sandy! Happy Belated Birthday! It seems like it was only yesterday when a young girl of nearly 23 was riding in Moab with a bunch of oldsters. Are you sure about the tattoo, remember the belly piercing incident, it could happen with tattoos too if you hit the trail hard enough. Have a great spa day. We miss you.
Rhonda JP Wee Willa and Otis of course

 
At 10:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great ideas about the birthday! Good on you! You look right at home cleaning the eaves! -T

 
At 11:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh the pics are making me homesick for Edmonton. Your birthday plans sound tremendous and Cam is proud of you for doin' it up. Have fun!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home